Help for your child or teenager
Perhaps your child or teenager is facing difficulties with anxiety, worries about their studies or friendships, depression, anger, behaviour or OCD issues? Or are their troubles more physical, such as allergies, bedwetting, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, eczema, asthma? Or more complex such as ADHD? Teenagers' hormonal changes can also cause issues, such as painful periods, insomnia, acne etc.
Whatever the problem may be, children and young adults respond very well to homeopathy.
Hi, my name is Rachel. Find out a bit more about me here:
I will work with you and your child to understand their current state of health to get a full picture and history of what has been happening for them. Using homeopathy your child will get back into balance gently and naturally, so s/he feels healthier and happier. I find that children and young adults usually respond quickly to this non-toxic, non-addictive alternative medicine.
It is not unusual for me to see children with:
Skin issues - eczema, acne, itching but no rash
Sleep problems - can't fall asleep, can't stay asleep, waking too early, night terrors, need to co sleep, bedwetting
Digestive - vomiting, nausea, travel sickness, constipation, diarrhoea
Allergies - food, pets, pollen, perfumes
I often see anxious children with some of the following:
- who continue to struggle with separation from parents/home beyond Reception class and into later school years (separation anxiety)
- who regularly have 'meltdowns'
- who suffer with panic attacks
- who are well behaved at school (masking) but when they get home are demanding, emotional and can even explode from tension (the coke bottle effect), making it hard for the school to understand and accept that there is a problem
- who come with a growing list of fears and phobias
- who suffer from panic attacks, vomiting, emotional breakdowns on contemplating going to school or are not able to attend school
- who struggle to focus, concentrate and sit down for large parts of the day
- who feel overwhelmed with the amount of school work or their level of achievement when compared with the rest of the class
- who lose confidence in their ability to make friends and socialise, feeling ostracised
- who are bullied or bullying
Homeopathy prompts the body to get back into balance itself and both mind and body will start to assimilate recent experiences, stressors and anxiety and start to bring things into perspective. It really is a pleasure to see someone who seemed to have the weight of the world on their shoulders, start to lighten and smile.
Homeopathy is non-toxic and non-addictive, offering a range of remedies for anxiety, worrying, anger and so on. Each remedy is a different picture just as each child is individual.
Feel Better Naturally
I am a fully qualified, insured and experienced homeopath working from clinics in Brighton and Hove, Sussex UK and also nationally and globally via video call. I offer consultations to adults and children across the whole range of issues that homeopathy can help with, such as
Emotional problems: stress, low confidence, anxiety, depression, fears, anger, exhaustion, grief or insomnia
Developmental issues: ADHD, ADD, anxiety, development issues, sleep issues
Fertility and conception problems: endometriosis, fibroids, PCOS or lack of ovulation
Hormonal imbalances: PMT, lack of periods, painful or irregular periods, endometriosis, menopause
Allergies: hayfever, foods, medication
Detoxing: rebalancing, read more here
Pregnancy related discomforts: morning sickness, exhaustion, post natal care issues
Childhood illnesses: colds and flu, glue ear, eczema, asthma
Digestive disorders: IBS, constipation, food allergies, candida
I specialise in helping children facing developmental issues as they go through their school years, particularly anxiety and ADHD.
Where to see me
- At my home office between Kemp Town and Queen's Park in Brighton, Sussex
- Tuesday evenings at Hove Natural Health Clinic on Montefiore Road, Hove, Sussex
- By video call from the privacy and comfort of your home. No need to organise transport and parking, or arrange childcare etc - just book a timeslot to suit you.
I use Skype or VSee usually, but can use whichever video call software you prefer.
Some health insurance companies will reimburse you in full or part for your homeopathy treatment costs. For a list of those that do, such as Simply Health, click here.
Rachel Gawne BSc Hons, MLCHom, MARH
Member of Alliance of Registered Homeopaths
Brighton & Hove, Sussex, UK